THE SUBMISSION DEADLINE FOR WORKS PUBLISHED IN 2017 IS FEBRUARY 1, 2018.
Award winners are nominated by three committees.
1. BOOKS: The five-member Book Awards Committee is chaired by Tona Hangen (firstname.lastname@example.org). In order for a book to be considered by the committee, the publisher should mail 5 copies of the book to the five individual committee members. The address list of the committee members can be obtained by emailing email@example.com and you will receive it promptly.
We prefer that the nominated books be sent directly from the publishers/presses, authors or agents to each committee member. If after three days time or for some reason the senders don’t have the committee’s addresses, they may be sent to the following address.
Mormon History Association
175 South 1850 East
Heber City, Utah 84032
(If there is a hardship because the list price of a book is $75 or more, we ask the publisher for one hard copy and an electronic version of the book that can be distributed to committee members.)
The Book Awards Committee nominates winners in 5 categories:
- Best Book
- Best Biography
- Best First Book (awarded biennially, next awarded June 2018)
- Best Personal History/Memoir (discontinued – awarded final time in 2015)
- Best Documentary Editing/Bibliography (awarded biennially, next awarded June 2018)
- Best Book on International Mormon History (awarded biennially, next awarded June 2019)
2. ARTICLES: The five-member Article Awards Committee is chaired by Sheree Bench. Authors and readers are invited to submit, by email, articles for the committees’ consideration: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Article Awards Committee nominates winners in 4 of the article categories:
- Best Article
- Journal of Mormon History Best Article Award (nominated and chosen by JMH Board of Editors)
- Article Award of Excellence
- Best Article on Mormon Women’s History
- Best Article on International Mormon History
3. GRADUATE STUDENT WORK: The five-member Graduate Student Work Awards Committee is chaired by Matthew Godfrey. Authors and readers are invited to submit, by email, dissertations, theses, and unpublished graduate student papers for the committees’ consideration: email@example.com
The Graduate Student Work Awards Committee nominates winners in 3 categories:
- Best Dissertation
- Best Thesis
- Best Unpublished Graduate Student Paper